Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Over at Heart2Heart, a blog for those of us who LOVE CTMH, their challenge this week is to use - and demonstrate - a technique. I've gone back to basics and back to my favourite technique of all time -- random stamping. And here's a close up of the stamping (sorry it's a bit blurry): With random stamping, you start with your largest stamp (pink butterfly) and stamp in triangles, filling your page. Change stamps and/or colours (green butterfly) and repeat. Continue until you have a pattern you like (purple ladybug). I love this technique because you can make your own patterned paper with any colours, any images, and it always turns out gorgeous. This card uses B&T Paper from CTMH's Splendor, Blush textured CS and Colonial White CS. Add in Sweet leaf ribbon, CW brads and some CTMH buttons. Colours used are Topiary, Sweet Leaf, Blush and Pansy Purple. Oh, and don't forget the Liquid Glass. I love the simplicity of this card.

6 comments:

  1. I forgot to add that the stamps are from CTMH's Ms. Gardener set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri - I think you may have linked this to the wrong challenge at H2H - I found this link under Mother's Day challenge from last week, not under technique challenge from this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary, I hope I fixed it properly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got it in the right spot now! I love random stamping! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't random stamped in a while, yours is very nice, love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job with the random stamping.

    ReplyDelete

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.