Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Let's face facts. Eight short years ago, when I started papercrafting, I thought a cricket was a bug, not a tool.  But now, I no longer know how to scrapbook, make cards or do much of anything else without my Cricut.  I love it.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!

But like many others, I sometimes get stumped on how to use it with my favourite papers and materials.

Here's a tip for cutting thicker papers, like CTMH's amazing Glitter Paper and my favourite Chalkboard paper. 

USE THE MULTICUT FUNCTION ON YOUR CRICUT EXPRESSION

The Multicut function does exactly what it says -- it cuts the same shape in the same place, multiple times.  You can set it to cut 2, 3 or 4 times.  And it helps you to cut those shapes out of that thicker-than-regular-cardstock paper.

How do you do it?  Simply press the MULTICUT button on your Cricut Expression.


Then press the SETTINGS button (right below Multicut).  Press "OK" until you get to the Multicut screen and then choose how many times you wish the shape to be cut.  For chalkboard paper, 2 times is enough.  For Glitter paper, I usually set it at 3 times.

It helps if you have a slightly stickier cutting mat, so you make sure the paper stays put while it's cutting the shape.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.