Friday, July 3, 2015
Have you ever had an idea in your head about a specific kind of patterned papers for a project but couldn't find it in the right colours ... or couldn't even find it at all?  I think many of us have.  This is when I pull out my inks, stamps and paper and use random stamping to customize and create my own.

Random stamping was one of the very first stamping techniques I ever learned, and it's still one of my go-to techniques when I'm creating.  It's easy to do and makes a gorgeous result.  Here's how.

Start by choosing your stamps, ink and base page.  I usually use White Daisy, but you can use a light coloured cardstock too.  Here, I'm using Whisper cardstock with the "Lifting Spirits" stamp set and Slate ink.

STEP ONE:  Choose your first stamp and start stamping on your cardstock.  I recommend you start with your LARGEST stamp.  You want to think about creating triangles with your stamps.



Continue on and cover your entire page with the large stamped images, making triangles.  Don't forget to go off the edges too.  I like to start in the centre of my page and spiral outwards.


STEP TWO:  Repeat with the next largest stamp.  You can use images or words/phrases too.



STEP THREE:  Repeat changing stamps and colours until you have the paper you want.  Twist and turn your stamps so that they are not all going in the same direction (unless you want them too, like I did with the clouds).  I also used a sponge dauber and some White Daisy pigment ink to embellish my clouds.


Here is the finished papers:


And here is the layout I created, using this customized patterned paper for my base pages.




You will start to develop your own Random Stamping style.  Some people like lots of space between images, some people like to keep them tight.  You can even overlap images!  Take a look!


You don't have to use large pieces of cardstock.  As you can see here, a card-sized piece can be random stamped too.

And here's my finished card:


Give random stamping a try on your next project.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.

Blog Archive