Thursday, December 5, 2013
There are a few different ways one could approach this challenge.  I decided to create my own graphic using sentiments from all my different holiday stamps sets.  The different fonts and sizes really helped create an interesting piece of art.


I kept the rest of the design simple, to allow the sentiment collage to be the hero.  It looks complicated, but really isn't -- you just need a little patience, especially if you have stubby fingers like me  :)

First, I chose all of my sentiments and placed them on the square of cardstock I was using for the card.  The stamps were all "sticky side" UP (this is important -- keep reading!)  I moved things around and played until I got it just the way I liked it.


Then, I pressed my large 4x5 My Acrylix block onto the stamped images.  Because they were sticky side up, they stuck to the block beautifully without moving or shifting.


Last, I took each individual stamp off the block, placed it on a smaller block and stamped as usually.  Why didn't I just stamp it all at once?  Two reasons.  First, I wanted to pull out a key phrase and stamp it in a separate colour to make it pop.  And second, stamps from different sets might be different thicknesses.  If I had stamped it all at once, I may not have gotten nice, crisp images of the sentiments.

I love this card.  Especially because I'm a writer, I love turning words into art.

1 comment:

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.

Blog Archive