Saturday, March 15, 2014
Winter simply refuses to leave us here in Ontario, but that doesn't mean we cannot dream of sunshine and warm breezes.  Some days, that's the only thing that helps me cope with the cold!  :)  So this hop is featuring some wonderful projects that have a touch of summer and warmer weather, created by talented members of the Brae'ers CTMH team.


ABOUT THE HOP
  • This is a circular hop so you can start here and go all the way around.
  • If you came from the talented Tamara's blog, then you are going in the right direction!
  • And if you get lost along the way, then please visit Brae's "The Brae-er" blog to find the complete list of participants. 
MY PROJECT:
Feeling the sunshine with Picture My Life "Surf's Up"

Every PML kit comes with a cover page to start you off!
I added some stamps and embellishments too!

Almost three years ago, we started a huge project in our backyard -- the installation of an inground pool for our family.  Dubbed "The Great Big Hole Project", this adventure lasted most of the summer, from the installation of the pool itself,to the landscaping, to enjoying, at last, the oasis we created.


The back of the cover page looks just like
it was made up of cards!  Washi tape,
stamped images and more add some pizzazz!

Naturally, I took TONS of photos of this project.  And I wanted to document the adventure in scrapbook form, but it was overwhelming -- so many pictures, so many stages.  So when Picture My Life was introduced, I knew it was the answer I was looking for.  This album took mere HOURS to complete and I'm so happy with how it turned out.  


Cards and photos combine to tell your story.  I rounded the corners of my
photos to mirror the shape of the cards.


It's amazing just how many photos you can use and showcase with
a PML kit.  It's really so much fun!


Don't forget to TELL your story.  Journaling cards
are an important part of PML kits
and are so easy to use!

It's not finished yet -- I still have a few more photos to add, and I plan to intermingle some traditional scrapbooking layouts in with the PML pages to make this into a real keepsake for my family.  Long live the Great Big Hole -- I can't wait to get into it again this summer!


KEEP HOPPING & LEAVE COMMENTS, PLEASE!
Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is the scrappy Heather's "Paper Playroom" blog
.

Please take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see.

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope you enjoyed this touch of sunshine and warm breezes, and it inspired you to get creative too!  Join us again on April 15 when we will be featuring some of our favourite CTMH things. 

8 comments:

  1. excellent- love that you did a different take with your PML kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the PML. You got a lot of pictures in there and also recorded a great part of your life in a small space. I look forward to working with PML. Great job Sheri!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, completing a whole album!! I can hardly wait till I can see it live :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great PML. It has scared me a bit to start one but you did a fab job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that kit! funny story!! hopefully you can open the pool soon!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great, I've been thinking that I might take this approach to the hoards of vacation photo's I have. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started working with my PML kits a few weeks back and am thrilled how quickly the pages come together. Great way to document a important part of your families story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If this doesn't say "summer", I don't know what does! A swimming hole on a hot day... Great choice and a super job using the PML program. I am anxious to get my hands on one of these kits now :)

    ReplyDelete

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.