Wednesday, October 12, 2011
I like to be organized.  And I'm known in my family for my organizational skills (or anal retentiveness, depends on who you talk too!).  Being organized gives me a sense of peace and definitely reduces stress.  But since starting to work from home, I have not been as organized or as methodical as I would normally like.  I'm trying to change that this month.  I promise you.  And I promise myself!

So last week, when I was feeling particularly overwhelmed with what was on my plate, I took on the monster task of organizing and loading my scrapbook albums with the HUGE pile of completed layouts waiting for just such a day.  And it did take ALL DAY.  But boy, was it worth it!

Here are my nicely organized and labelled albums:


And here is my Close to my Heart Work In Progress album.  It's got the L/Os from 2010 and 2011 (I'm still catching up!) because I don't have enough albums yet.


I love it because it's got the binder clips that lets me put L/Os in and take them out so easily.  So I can do the pages as I feel like it (I'm not a chronological scrapper) and get them ready for the albums even before the album is ready.  It gives great protection for my completed work when I'm away at a crop or retreat.

In the process of organizing, I found out I had two sets of duplicates.  I have 2 layouts using the same Halloween pictures in 2008.  And I did 2 layouts of my niece Alexandra in her Snow White costume with the Snow White doll we gave her.  I had searched HIGH and LOW for those pictures after I printed them, only to go and print them again.  I had completely forgotten that I had scrapped them already.  But I love both layouts!



I also rediscovered some of my favourite moments and favourite layouts.  Here are 3 of them:

My Cute Charlie

Sam and his Big Catch

The boys at Dad's Barber Shop

It was a lot of hard work and I hope to not let it get to this point again where I have so many pages NOT in albums.  But it was so worth it.  And I loved looking at all the precious work I've done over the years.

So I'm organized now.  Well, my albums are organized.  Next step, organize my time.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. I think I need to get that work-in-progress album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sense of accomplishment. I can totally relate to functioning at my best when things are organized. It IS peaceful. I completely agree.

    On another note, thank you so much for showing us what a Work in Progress album looks like. I had always wondered what it looked like on the inside. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That’s a lot of scrapbooks! How many are they? Were you the only one who made all of these? I admire your determination, hard work, and patience! Keep on doing what you enjoy!

    -Max Macbeth

    ReplyDelete

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.