Wednesday, November 9, 2011
The Hospital for Sick Children is a phenomenal place.  It's a place where hope stays alive, even for the sickest of children.  I have been so fortunate that neither of my children have had to go to SickKids for any serious illness, but in my life as an advertising copywriter, I did work for this client and learned so much about the important work they do.

Did you know that some children don't get to go home for the holidays?  SickKids makes sure that Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate, is special for these kids and their families.  And my friend Anabela is one of their elves.  At Christmas and all the year through, Anabela takes cards to SickKids, so that they can give a little happiness.

Anabela's doing another card drive and making a delivery on December 15.  Charlie and I have already started making cards for her to take.
Charlie colouring in stamped images to turn into cards.

Some of our cards, and the goodies we're using to make them.

Today, I'm asking you to make 
a few cards for the kids at SickKids.  
It would so brighten their day.  The cards don't have to be fancy or covered in embellishments.  Sometimes the simplest cards give the biggest smiles!  Dig in your stash and see if you have any extras that are just sitting, collecting dust or maybe even getting crumpled.  Then mail them to me by December 10 (email me at justscrapit@sympatico.ca or leave a comment here and I'll send you my snail mail address).  I will make sure they get to Anabela to take to the kids.

Click here to check out Anabela's blog.  Become a follower and get updates on when she has her card drives.  Plus you'll get to see some of her lovely artwork too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.

Blog Archive