Sunday, December 2, 2012
As you know, I'm a big supporter of SickKids Hospital and am a proud member of the Kards for Kids HSC Smiley Team.  I feel so good about using my creativity and passion to give back.  When I was in advertising, SickKids was one of my main clients -- one that meant so much because we really were saving babies with our work!  So donating cards to make a sick child smile just continues that connection and important work for me.  And I am so very proud that my son Charlie enjoys making cards for SickKids too. 

DECEMBER DAY 2: Making holiday cards for SickKids
So this afternoon, Charlie made a card (he was pretty pooped from a sleepover last night but still wanted to be creative!) and we tied it into a school project he is working on.  He has a "buddy" from school called Nobody.  Nobody is a denim blue, characterless stuffed doll who will spend a week with each child in Charlie's class.  The child has to do something special with Nobody that helps other people, animals or the environment.  So Charlie chose to make cards for SickKids with Nobody.

Here are some pics of Charlie and Nobody making an adorable card.

Charlie and Nobody colouring a stamped image

Nobody making sure Charlie puts the glue on properly.

Nobody, Charlie and their finished card.
I hope we will have time tomorrow to make some more cards before we take them to Anabela for delivery to SickKids on December. 16.  And we're going to check with Charlie's teacher to see if we can bring in supplies for the whole class to make a card for SickKids.  Charlie has to present his activity with Nobody to the class and this would be a great time for all the kids to get involved.

If you would like to make some cards to donate to SickKids, PLEASE DO!  They can be any size, shape or colour.  If you use snowmen, you'll be entered to win some special prizes.  Please put your name on the back of the cards you make.  Then call me and I'll come pick them up from you.  PLEASE NO BULKY EMBELLISHMENTS like brads or buttons as they are choking hazards.  The simpler the cards, the better.

1 comment:

  1. Charlie...thank you so very much for being a part of the Kards for Kids HSC club and for getting your class to participate in the Holiday card drive. I am sure Nobody is a somebody with the help of your kind heart. All the best in 2013 and I look forward to seeing more of your creations. Hugs, Bela

    ReplyDelete

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.