Friday, May 3, 2013
Through the Smiley Team, who makes cards for the kids at SickKids Hospital, I met a very talented cardmaker, Lisa, the Fairy Cardmaker.  She has made a lovely card, using the Close to My Heart Card Word Puzzle stamp set, which is one of my favourite cardmaking stamps.  Here it is:

To see more views of Lisa's card, click here.
Lisa has coloured the rose beautifully, and the red really, really pops and looks stunning against the neutral colours on the rest of the card.  The flourish helps to draw your eye in further and the scalloped border gives it a soft, girly feel.  Her simple sentiment, using the words in the Card Word Puzzle stamp set, gets the feeling across without overpowering the card.  And the little red gems add a glittery finishing touch.

Click on the link to see more of Lisa's amazing hand made greeting cards ... and even buy some!

I was so inspired by Lisa's card, that I tried making one of my own using this versatile stamp set, and our special promo paper Dream Pop.  Take a look:


 I was really happy with how this card turned out.  I was able to use the paper in such a way that made the most of the pre-printed sentiment and complimented it with pops of colour, just like Lisa did with her rose.  I used a flower from the stamp set too -- but kept it neutral in contrast to the rest of the card.  And I put the sentiment "puzzle pieces" together to create a heartfelt message.  A pink glitter gem on the flower adds the final touch.

Check out how you can get the Deam Pop papers, and maybe even win over $100 in prizes here.

Want to know more about this stamp set?  Check out all the words and images you can puzzle together for your cardmaking needs.

One last tip.  When you have these individual words, it can be difficult to line them up perfectly and keep them straight.  That's where the CTMH My Acrylix blocks come in.  Each CTMH block has an etched line along one edge, that is perfect for lining up sentiments or alphabet letters and helping you stamp straight.  This etched line, along with the beveled sides, make the CTMH blocks a step above the rest.

Look closely and see the etched line along the bottom of the block.


To get this stamp set and some CTMH My Acrylix blocks, contact me at justscrapit@sympatico.ca or shop online!





2 comments:

  1. The placement of the sentiment words add so much interest to your card. I also like how you reversed the scheme: the flower is the neutral and the card pops with colour.

    Thank-you so much for pointing out that stamp set to me! It truly is quite versatile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The puzzle stamp set sounds perfect for someone like myself who does some occasional scrapbooking. I am certainly not a pro like Lisa whose cards are so beautiful but I would like to be able to use stamps for a professional look and have struggled with getting them placed neatly. Thank you both for this information

      Delete

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.