Tuesday, May 14, 2013
One of my favourite techniques is something I learned from a Close to my Heart Workshop on the Go kit.  The technique takes a CTMH My Acrylix(tm) stamp and uses it to create a border on the base pages of a layout.  The stamp doesn't even have to be one created especially for borders -- any stamp with a pattern will work!

I'm not usually one to distress or treat my base pages differently.  But sometimes, even your base pages need a little "umph"!  Like this one:



This is the main layout from the Tommy Workshop on the Go.  I love how it turned out but felt that I could do a little more.  The edges needed some pizzazz.

So I looked at the stamp set that comes with this kit, and there was the perfect border stamp.  The waves really called to me!

 
So with some Desert Sand ink, I stamped around the edges of my entire 2-page layout.  I was deliberate in not stamping the full image, going off the edges on purpose.



Knowing what to do in the corners is always a tricky question.  Since these waves started looking like fishing nets, I didn't mind that they overlapped in the corners.  In fact, I think that added more depth and gave it a fabulous look.

Now, doesn't this look better?


 
Now I love this layout and this kit even more!

Try some border stamping on your next layout and see what happens.  It can really add some interest to your artwork.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the idea...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello there and thank you for your info – I have certainly
    picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical issues using this website, as I experienced to reload the website many times
    previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK?
    Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm
    adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective
    intriguing content. Make sure you update this again soon.


    Also visit my web blog ... trabajo orquestas

    ReplyDelete

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.