Sunday, September 1, 2013
Welcome to the September Blog Hop for the Brae-ers Consultant team.  Each talented consultant on this hop has completed a project using one of CTMH's versatile and amazing Cricut cartridges.  We are so fortunate that CTMH partnered with Cricut to create these cartridges, which are so useful and help to save time while we create beautiful artwork.

If you have come from the fabulous Brae's The Brae-er blog, you are in the right place.  Read on!

Clicking with Artbooking and Huntington



I am in love with Artbooking.  It's the newest CTMH Cricut cartridge and it offers so many layers and interesting things that I can add to my scrapbooking and cardmaking.  So when creating this layout, I made sure I gave it a good workout!

The first part of Artbooking that I used is the overlays.  I chose a great layout A New Perspective from one of our how-to books "Cherish", and I used the arrow cut overlays in place of plain cardstock.  To give them a bit more exposure, I turned them on an angle, so more of the paper showed.  These pieces are cut out of our Kraft cardstock.

One thing that we heard over and over when learning about Artbooking was "keep your negative pieces"!!  So I kept all of the arrows that were cut out from the overlays, and used them throughout the layout as accents.



The second part of Artbooking that I used were the titles.  These created great verbal accents that helped to reinforce the theme of the spread.

And lastly, I used a photo mat in the shape of a speech bubble for my journaling block.  I cut it twice -- once in Colonial White and once in Kraft, to create a shadow effect.



What else did I use?  I used papers left over from y Huntington Workshop on the Go, and added a burst of colour with the Sarita blue paper.  It helped to tied the photos in and brighten the layout a bit.  And I used the Artisan Studs like screws on the overlays -- it added a real mechanical feel that goes with skateboarding.


Enjoy your trip around this blog hop and see some great work to inspire you.  The next stop on your way is the spectacular Rosalynd Kelly at her "In my Scrapping Room" blog.

Have fun!




6 comments:

  1. Super cute layout- love that you mixed the Huntington with some of the Sarita paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout - the shadowing effect and how you made all the photo mats match really make the layout flow! Also love the mixing of the paper packs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice layout. Love the use of the negative space and the shadow effect and the mixture of paper packs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! the blue really does bring out the photos. I do love the "negative" arrows you used. they do add lots of interest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the details you added to this layout Sheri! The faux stitching and the studs, combined with all the awesome overlays, accent pieces....awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.