Friday, June 19, 2015
I like collecting ticket stubs, receipts, cards and trinkets when we go on vacation.  It's an interesting way to add to the story and documenting memories.  But sometimes, it's difficult to work them into a traditional scrapbooking layout -- you don't want to cut them to make them fit, but you don't want to leave them out.  So what do you do?

You make a pocket!  This technique works for both 12x12 layouts as well as My Crush memory keeping.

Here, I'm making a My Crush album with memories from our recent CTMH Incentive Trip to Hawaii.  My Secret Sister Denise gave me this album, and I'm using it as a complement to the traditional layouts I'm creating -- it's a great place for all those brochures, tickets and other memorabilia that I collected.


This is one of the opening spreads.  At Aulani, they left us a little newsletter each day, with all the happenings around the resort.  So I used a paper shopping bag that I got and attached it to the page.  I'm going to fold up the "Daily 'Iwa" editions and tuck it in that bag.  Then, later on, I can pull them out, read all sides, and remember the good times we had.



A flip flap doesn't have to flip.  You can also use flip flaps as pockets!  I simply used to washi tape to tack down the bottom of the flip flap, and then slipped in this Aulani brochure that I wanted to keep.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.

Blog Archive