Wednesday, November 12, 2014
The Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge is a great challenge blog, run by Canadians and inspiring creativity with a new card sketch every week.  This week, I am honoured to be the Guest Designer and have created some great projects using the assigned sketch.  It is a nice, clean sketch -- right up my alley -- and I had a lot of fun getting my "crafty" on.

Here is the sketch:


You can find out more about this challenge, and see other creations from the Design Team over at the Atlantic Hearts blog.


And here are two cards that I've made using this sketch.

The first card uses one of my favourite mini stamps "You are my Happy".  I am grateful for all the friends and family who are supporting me right now, and plan to use this stamp and card design for lots of cards in the future.


This card uses the black and glacier polka dot paper from "Snowhaven", glacier cardstock embossed using my Cuttlebug and one of our embossing folders, 3 colours of shimmer trim (silver, gold and teal), and a red enamel heart, along with the "You are my Happy" stamp.

As a special offer, if you purchase this "You are my Happy" mini stamp from me this month (November), I will donate 50 cents to Hearth Place, a cancer support centre here in Oshawa.  They do amazing work and provide some really valuable services, all free of charge to those fighting cancer.  Simply email me at justscrapit.ctmh@gmail.com to find out how to get yours.


The second card is more festive for the upcoming holiday season.

This card uses the glacier diamond paper from "Snowhaven" and Whisper cardstock.  The 3 pennants were made using Cranberry cardstock, a zip strip from "Snowhaven" and silver shimmer trim. A red enamel heart and black enamel star add a finishing touch.  I stamped and coloured the polar bear and sentiment from "Polar Bear Holiday".  The sentiment was stamped using both cranberry and glacier ink -- offset to create a shadow look.

Finally, I created a non-card project using this sketch.  That's what I love about sketches -- they can be used for so many things.  I posted this project yesterday, Remembrance Day, in honour of our soldiers who have fought and continue to fight for the freedoms we enjoy.  See this post for details, and take a look here:



Don't forget to visit the Atlantic Hearts blog and play along with this week's sketch challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your inspired creations! I love what you did with the sketch - so pretty! Thanks for being our Guest Designer this round! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creations, Sheri! I adore the Remembrance Day project as it hits a special spot in my heart as my father was a WW2 veteran. So well thought out and an excellent application of the sketch. The second card is awesome as well :) Thanks for creating such inspiring projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Three wonderful projects, Sheri - I love that you did the frame with the sketch, too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are indeed wonderful projects - especially love the framed art - what great use of the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all. Am so glad to see you as our guest designer for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sheri! Absolutely beautiful projects!!! So happy to have you with us this week at AHSC. :)

    ReplyDelete

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.

Blog Archive