Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Welcome to our April Brae-ers Team Blog Hop, showing off our favourite things!  Inspired by the Sound of Music song (Raindrops on roses, andwhiskers on kittens...  I can hear all of you singing it now!) and our love of CTMH's amazing products, this hop will share with you some of our "must have" items.  And because each of us have a different favourite thing, you're going to see a wide range of crafty things and creations that are sure to inspire you.

Let's get hopping!  (Are you still singing too?  GREAT!)

ABOUT THE HOP
  • This is a circular hop so you can start here and go all the way around.
  • If you came from the talented Tamara's "Mara's Journey" blog, then you are going in the right direction.
  • Visit Brae's "The Brae-er" blog, for the complete blog list if you get lost along the way. 

HERE'S MY PROJECT: Hot Dog Layout using RIBBON


If you've ever met and scrapped with me, you know that my #1 obsession is ribbon.  I collect it, I use it, I can't stay away from it.  So when I started to create this layout, I wanted to make the ribbon a big part of it.



I love the new Topiary chevron ribbon!  It's a great width with a different pattern.  And it worked wonderfully with the Jubilee paper pack.  I punched holes through all the layers and laced the ribbon through like shoelaces.  I finished the ends like shoelaces too, using Washi tape.



I also love Liquid Glass.  Sometimes I use a lot, and sometimes, I use just a little to add some emphasis.  The ketchup on this hot dog is just the right touch for this layout.



My all-time favourite stamp is called "Journaling Jots".  It was different stamps with lines on it, ideal for creating neat, straight journaling on any layout.  This stamp set is retired, but it will always live in my stamp collection ... and my heart.

And one of my favourite techniques, is using a border stamp along the edges of a layout.  It adds a nice finish, just like these stars from the "Fancy Fair" stamp set.

Lastly, the subject is one of my most favourite people, eating his (and my) most favourite foods: BBQ'd hot dogs.  Love you, Charlie Beans.  

Your next stop on the Brae-ers Team Blog Hop is the 'mazing Michelle's "The Right Hugh" blog.

Please take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see.



Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you, and help you to think about your favourite scrapbooking supplies ... or find a new favourite!  Come back next month on May 8th to see what we're doing to celebrate National Scrapbooking Month.

13 comments:

  1. very nice- love the liquid glass accent for the hot dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) what a fun layout!! I love the ribbon tied like that!! so original!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the woven ribbon! I, too, have a large ribbon collection and love to use a lot of it :) Great details on this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout for great memories. Love the lacing and washi tape finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheri, your creation of ribbon shoelaces using washi tape is brilliant!! Great layout :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been needing some inspiration for Jubilee, and this layout is perfect! I adore how you stitched with the chevron ribbon - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun layout! I, too, love Journaling Jots. It will never end up in my sale bin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way that you used the ribbon and the liquid glass! It adds to the casual, lazy days of summer feeling that you have so ably created (even though it may not have been summer). LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you used the ribbon for laces....great layout, it is really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ribbon is brilliant, I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sheri! I am new on the team and having fun checking out everyone's blogs and learning a little bit more about CTMH. I loved your layout...thought it was adorable! I am planning to have card workshops/crops in my home as well and wondered if I might be able to 'pick your brain' for some ideas? Don't worry...I live in Fort Erie...so it will be a totally different gang from yours. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Marianne. Welcome to the team. Feel free to email me at justscrapit.ctmh@gmail.com

      Delete

Close to my Heart

See what I'm up to on Facebook!

Powered by Blogger.

Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-Newsletter

Get updates, news and inspiration sent to your inbox automatically with my
Scrapz 'n' Chatz e-newsletter.

Sign up today!

FOLLOWERS

COPYRIGHT

If you are inspired and would like to scraplift any of my work for your PERSONAL use, go ahead. We can all learn from each other. However, if you post somewhere, please give credit where it is due. Please DO NOT use or copy my ideas for contests, publication or selling purposes. All images are protected under Canadian Copyright.

For CTMH products, including but not limited to papers, stamps and inks, are Designs Copyright CMTH Co.

Blog Archive